Gitter chatroom

IRC is nice and all, but not very beginner friendly, the webchat UI is
notpretty at all, and is not usable for posting code blocks.

I did try to create a chatroom on gitter, and the idea did seem to catch
on, but it's really not something that should sit under my github account.

Can anybody with accessto the php organization on github create a public
gitter chatroom for general php related discussion? And it does have IRC
integration for those who enjoy chatting the old way.

It requires no maintenance, takes only a  minute and would serve the
community well.

Thanks =)