Re: xarray - The missing array functions you are looking for, implemented in Extension

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Mogens Melander <mogens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Why is that? What's wrong with extensions?
>
> I, personal, like optional stuff.

I agree.

> On 2015-10-15 12:07, Lin Yo-An wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I started this project for adding extra array support in extension, if
>>> you have
>>> any idea about the missing pieces for array, please let me know.
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> xarray - The missing array functions you are looking for, implemented in
>>> Extension https://github.com/c9s/xarray
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Yo-An Lin
>>>
>> A few comments on this project...

array_pluck is in the language, called array_column
array_remove is just array_filter, why do I need another function for that?
array_add - why do I need the overhead of a function call, when I can do $a[
*key*] = *value*
array_build - this seems neat, but I think it needs a better example, I can
do the example already with array_combine(array_column(), array_column())
array_each - this is just a foreach with an isolated scope and function
overhead on every iteration, why would I want that?
array_keys_join - while I like this, why doesn't it have the same argument
order as implode/join (glue, array)?

array_keys_prefix, array_first, array_is_assoc, array_is_indexed - I like
these :)

PS. please respect the guidelines of the mailing list and do not top
post.[1]

[1]
http://git.php.net/?p=php-src.git;a=blob_plain;f=README.MAILINGLIST_RULES;hb=HEAD