Image issues

My first attempt to send this message a couple of days ago seems to have gone into the bitbucket. I am guessing because attachments are not allowed. So rather than attachments, here's links to the two images I'm comparing.

Image Scale image:
http://www.aarf.ca/files/2015092410000017-imgscale.jpg
Image Copy image:
http://www.aarf.ca/files/2015092410000017-resamp.jpg

---
Hi all.

I have a script that does a bunch of image manipulation for our website, and I recently migrated the script to a new server with an updated version of PHP. The GD version shown is 2.1 builtin.

gd_info() on the old server where everything works shows:

array(12) {
   ["GD Version"]=>
   string(26) "bundled (2.1.0 compatible)"
   ["FreeType Support"]=>
   bool(true)
   ["FreeType Linkage"]=>
   string(13) "with freetype"
   ["T1Lib Support"]=>
   bool(false)
   ["GIF Read Support"]=>
   bool(true)
   ["GIF Create Support"]=>
   bool(true)
   ["JPEG Support"]=>
   bool(true)
   ["PNG Support"]=>
   bool(true)
   ["WBMP Support"]=>
   bool(true)
   ["XPM Support"]=>
   bool(false)
   ["XBM Support"]=>
   bool(true)
   ["JIS-mapped Japanese Font Support"]=>
   bool(false)
}

...on the new platform it shows:

root@www1:~# php ./gd_test.php
array(13) {
   ["GD Version"]=>
   string(26) "bundled (2.1.0 compatible)"
   ["FreeType Support"]=>
   bool(true)
   ["FreeType Linkage"]=>
   string(13) "with freetype"
   ["T1Lib Support"]=>
   bool(false)
   ["GIF Read Support"]=>
   bool(true)
   ["GIF Create Support"]=>
   bool(true)
   ["JPEG Support"]=>
   bool(true)
   ["PNG Support"]=>
   bool(true)
   ["WBMP Support"]=>
   bool(true)
   ["XPM Support"]=>
   bool(false)
   ["XBM Support"]=>
   bool(true)
   ["WebP Support"]=>
   bool(false)
   ["JIS-mapped Japanese Font Support"]=>
   bool(false)
}
root@www1:~#

...they look pretty much identical, but it seems that anytime I do an imagecopy or imagecopyresampled function on the new platform, the colours get all messed up.

Has anyone else run into this? Any suggestions on fixes or solutions?...

Thanks,
Richard.

--
Alberni Valley IT Services