RE: is_readable fails with a variable parameter

string(111) and then the correct path/filename

Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 12:56:11 -0400
Subject: Re:  is_readable fails with a variable parameter
From: azizsaleh@xxxxxxxxx
To: stpetersn@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

var_dump($file_path_name);

What do you get?

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 12:51 PM, Tommy Peterson <stpetersn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am using a PHP API that uses is_readable as a check before a particular function does anything. The problem that I am having is that if I do something like

is_readable($file_path_name);

my code terminates as is_readable says it cannot read the file or there is a permissions issue. But if I go to the file path/name in $file_path_name (echoing it out to make sure) I can see and open the file.

If I edit the same code and do something like

is_readable("/path/to/the/file/filename.zip")

the same code executes just fine.

At first I thought the variable was some how getting over written. But it isn't. It is just somehow the variable is not be interpolated correctly by is_readable like a hard coded path/file name is.

Any thoughts?

This is on Linux. And this is PHP 5.4.43