Re: Alter html variable contents

On May 5, 2015, at 6:29 PM, Marcos Almeida Azevedo wrote:

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 5:10 PM, Alf C Stockton <alf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I already have
and both the HTML and PHP are in the same file and I want loadingnode to
be populated with the message produced by PHP after user clicked
appropriate link.

I think what you needs is Javascript code and not PHP

with php:
As I said,
Where <content> will be the result of the user clicking the
link in the html. But the link has to point back to server side
php code. If you don't want the link to point back to server side php
you do need javascript. But what you want to place in the div must
already be in the page somewhere as a javascript string or
hidden input field.
You can also have the link initiate an async AJAX call to the server
to get the div contents. And again that requires calling server side
php. Php does not run in the browser. Only javascript (or in the case
of Internet Explorer: VBscript: and in all you can use Flash ActionScript
in an SWF file). These client side scripting approaches are separate
subjects and require a good understanding of how to use them.
JK