Re: Re: odd ZipArchive error

Also forwarding to the list. :)

Jeffry Killen wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2015, at 7:26 AM, Christoph Becker wrote:
>
>> Hmm, which method call did return ER_MULTIDISK? ZipArchive::open() or
>> ZipArchive::close().  The latter method is supposed to return a boolean
>> value.  (int) TRUE is 1, what is the value of ZipArchive::ER_MULTIDISK.
>> So perhaps just a misinterpretation of the return value?
>
> As I read the manual, it is open that returns the error code.
> close just returns true or false. And this issue was addressed within the
> last month or so, and has some documentation in a user comment in
> the ZipArchive section of the online manual regarding the return value
> from open not being available until after close is called.

I found <http://php.net/manual/en/ziparchive.open.php#76136>, which
correctly states that the return value of ::close() should be observed.
 However, I did not find a note saying the the return value from open
would only being available after close has been called.  That would be
nonsense, anyway, because when close is called, open will have already
finished, and returned its result.

If you're calling

  $zip->open($filename, ZipArchive::CREATE)

and this returns 1, either $filename does already exist and is a
multi-disk archive, or there is a bug in the zip extension.  If the
latter, please try to put together a small reproduce script.

--
Christoph M. Becker