Re: Re: meaning or 'flags' in ZipArchive->open() ?

On Apr 9, 2015, at 5:43 PM, Christoph Becker wrote:

Maciek Sokolewicz wrote:

The manual itself shows you a ton of examples:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/zip.examples.php [...].

Thanks for pointing out this man page. The (currently) top-most comment
(by "info at peterhofer dot ch") clarifies an issue that came up
recently on this mailing list[1], namely that insufficient permissions
to create the zip file will not be reported when calling
ZipArchive::open(), but rather when calling ZipArchive::close(). In my
opinion it is important to have a respective note on the
ZipArchive::open() man page.

[1] <http://news.php.net/php.general/324790>

Thank you.
Now that you mention it, and I looked back at the manual as advised.
I remember seeing that user note and even remembering it when I
posted the query, but couldn't remember where I'd seen it.

As I now read the manual, I realized I was skipping an important part:
I.E. zip and its functions etc.
I did see one user note with code that used a CM constant as flag in ZipArchive->open

http://php.net/manual/en/zip.examples.php
Stefano Di Paolo
//...etc
if($ziph->open($archiveFile, ZIPARCHIVE::CM_PKWARE_IMPLODE) !== TRUE)
//... etc

So this gives me some idea.