Re: protected abstract static function ... E_STRICT

> I would suggest to rename the wording, to make it clear that a subclass
> has to implement this method -- it's not so much about the caller.

Oh thats right, thanks for the hint, I will change this.

> An alternative might be to disable E_STRICT while the function is being
> compiled.

Unfortunately I have a coding guideline, telling me to use E_STRICT all
over the application

> However, I would probably prefer to make the constructor abstract, or to
> use a dynamic method isValid().

The constructor is doing somethings more, which I didn't write in the
example, so I don't want to reimplement in each subclass. A dynamic
method isValid() might be a solution but I have to think about this,
because maybe the isValid should become a public static function in
future for some needs.

Thanks so for the new input to think about.

I will have a watch on the rfc, hope it comes to a positive vote.

--
DerOetzi