RE: strange character

I did what you asked and here is the result.
Frist cmp, cmp test.txt test.utf8 give nothing output.
Second cmp, cmp test.txt test.1256 getting this result cmp: EOF on test.txt.
But im not understanding how this related to my php error what im getting.

And thanks peter for standing with me in my issue.
What im trying to achieve here to remove the strange character by translating utf-8 to CP1256, but unfortunately getting error from php (Notice: iconv(): Detected an illegal character in input string in )

I did test on the strange character and its working prefect, but when it's come to downloading rss feed, it give error.

<?php

     echo iconv("UTF-8", 'CP1256//TRANSLIT', $str);
?>