Re: Adding Timezone Support to a production app

On 23/02/15 17:24, Marcos Almeida Azevedo wrote:
If it is me, I would store the date in two columns. One in Timezone of user, and the other in UTC timezone. Another way is just store in UTC and just convert on the fly when you need to display a page, depending on timezone of user.

This is a great suggestion which on face value would allow for backwards compatibility and future use with only the extra data storage to consider.

Thank you - I am still keen to hear from other views but this one is very good.

Cheers