Getting Objects out of the $SESSION variable unscathed

I'm having a problem getting my objects out of the $SESSION variable. I am storing an ordinal array of associate arrays where one of the associate array elements is an object. Unfortunately, when I pull it back out, the object is "broken" with "__PHP_Incomplete_Class" errors.

From what I can read this has something to do with 'serialization' - i.e., the emerging object must be unserialized (http://php.net/manual/en/function.unserialize.php). However, I can't get it to work.

Any tips on how that is done, or what I should do instead?

This program is being developed on a testing server that can then be put on a production server.

Here are my server specs:
	Apache Version :  2.2.17
	PHP Version :  5.3.3
	MySQL Version :  5.5.8