Re: Why doesn't this code work?

On 2015-01-30 11:39, Abdul Abdul wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I get a blank screen.

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 6:33 AM, Ashley Sheridan <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 30 January 2015 14:26:51 GMT+00:00, Abdul Abdul <abdul.sw84@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I have the following PHP script, where I'm trying to retrieve the image
type. Why doesn't it work? What am I doing wrong?

<?php
$image="4.2.06"
$imagetype = exif_imagetype($image);
echo "Image type is: " $imagetype;
?>
What does "doesn't work" mean? What output are you getting? Are there any
errors or warnings in your logs?

Ash's advice is correct:  check your error log.  However, I think that one problem is that you don't have a semicolon at the end of the first assignment statement above, which results in a syntax error occurring.

Also, please do not top-post. Put your replies at the bottom instead.

--
  Mark Montague
  mark@xxxxxxxxxxx