Re: Basic Dual Query Combine into one question

NEWBIE ME: THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOU HELP! you have given me lots of great help - I am embarrassed I still don't know how to SORT the result with quirky filemaker database issue as listed below...

On Jan 23, 2015, at 9:15 AM, Andy McKenzie <amckenzie4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It looks like FileMaker 12 does allow more complex queries:
> http://filemakerhacks.com/2012/10/19/the-missing-fm-12-executesql-reference/
>
> It looks like It's a pretty standard SQL query, now.  Build the SELECT statement, then use  ExecuteSQL() to run it.
>
> Andy

hi Andy - as far as I know - your link is for "internal filemaker use" but not applicable to the web pub engine used in CWP for the web and php that I am using

> of records or objects.  You can use array_merge() to merge both arrays,
> and usort() for sorting the merged array.
>
> However, as others have already pointed out, it is preferable to use a
> single query if possible.
>
> --
> Christoph M. Becker

SIMPLY PUT - HOW CAN I POST PROCESS my database query and *re-sort* it?

! Great - can you tell me - how do I use usort() or another php sort function with the filemaker database query result as described below?

-------------------------

MORE NEWBIE QUESTIONS - Still need help...

I'll skip a bunch of points and try to summarize quickly

using filemaker v 11 and fmstudio (php) for web queries (http://fmwebschool.com)

I did something special and was able to run a script in filemaker as part of the php query and get my complex search done with 1 query

- fmsudio has sorting functions but they are killed by the method I used for unknown reasons

- so I have a query result that I can loop through.... $test_result = $test_find->execute();

!!! BUT I NEED TO SORT IT BY SEVERAL KEY FILEDS like LastName, Company etc.

So I am thinking I need to use some post process sorting functions to to this?

-learning: all web links seems to show lots of php sort functions but they are all for simple arrays - not this database filemaker query

my fmstudio code query looks something like this...

---------------------------

.... query lines then

ends with this
$test_result = $test_find->execute();

then i loop thru like this

<?php foreach($test_result->getRecords() as $test_row){ ?>

      <?php echo $test_row->getField('Client_ID'); ?>
      <?php echo $test_row->getField('Contact_First'); ?>
      <?php echo $test_row->getField('Contact_Last'); ?>
    <?php } ?>

Q: I am confused:

1 -  HOW DO I RE-SORT THIS BEFORE THE LOOP DISPLAY =  $test_result ?????

MUCH THANKS...

--
Thanks,
Dave - DealTek