Re: child process

On Monday, Jan 19, 2015 at 10:04 am, nupur walia <nupur.wl@xxxxxxxxx>, wrote:
Thanks for your help. I updated my code to remove proc_open function. Now its not using  child processes to generate product feeds. Its working perfectly. But i need to know one more thing, if there would be more then 50,000 products then will it slow down the process? Will it be feasible to create product feeds by using this direct code? Does child_process helps in these scenarios? I will use cron to generate these feeds.

If the code has problems with 50k products then it likely won’t matter whether you run it as a separate process or not. Chances are you could change the code so it’s more efficient, but processing n records will always take n*t where t is the average time to process one record. You could process in parallel, taking advantage of multi-core CPUs, but if you’re on shared hosting that likely won’t make much of a difference.

-Stuart

--

Stuart Dallas

3ft9 Ltd