planner library

I have a system running on a number of sites which is essentially a
booking system. Rooms, facilities and equipment of various sorts
required for events at a location. Currently it has a client application
which provides a very responsive planner. A grid of say rooms by time,
or equipment by days. The program was originally developed on W2k and
has not changed essentially since, but currently the development tools
to recompile it for 64bit or W7 will require a substantial investment,
but will not address the main problem of now supporting non-windows devices.

Everything else has already moved to web based, but every few years I
keep going back to try and find a suitable library to be able to create
the planner view. I don't have any problem in laying out money for a
good answer, and I've recently found dhtmlxSuite which is showing a lot
of promise but will need work to fit into my own framework. Not least
talking to the existing database of information.

Many of the previous options fell flat because they only produced a
calendar and could not handle the 'rooms by time' problem. I have one of
them currently for the vents diary but it's not suitable for the next
step. CLNDR.js also popped up as a possible solution, but I suspect that
needs the next version which they are discussing to fill the gap.

I'm already working with ADOdb and Smarty which is pushing against both
of the above, so has anybody got a current project that might dovetail
in better which I can build on - and help develop further?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL