Re: Unable to compile PHP 5.3.29 On CentOS 7.0: Configure complains about BZip2 not in expected location

On 15/10/14 07:40, Kenneth Wolcott wrote:
> I'm wondering if it is looking for contents of the bzip2-devel rpm?

Yes ...

And when you fix that it will probably file looking for other devel
packages as well.

The exact location of some of this stuff is determined by the
distribution, and on the whole they will have already modified the PHP
packages if you are using their copy of the source, but extensions are
all optional in many distributions to the build files for each need to
be added manually based on how you expand on what you want in your own
build of PHP.

If you have taken the source code from the PHP site as I suspect you
will have to be able to create an older version, i may be that locations
are not quite right for some things, but normally PHP does a good job of
finding an installation it can work with once the devel package has been
loaded.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL