Re: hacked!!

On 10/3/2014 12:41 PM, David OBrien wrote:
Is this a wordpress site?

On Friday, October 3, 2014, Christoph Becker <cmbecker69@xxxxxx> wrote:

Jim Giner wrote:

My first time experiencing this.  Suddenly Google has warned me that my
site is hacked and I have found a couple of files that indeed did have
some malicious code added to them. My question here is: Does this mean
someone figured out my site password in order to gain ftp access?

No, but that is one possibility.  Besides the risk that somebody might
have caught your password while it was being transferred as Richard
already pointed out, there might be some malware on your local machine
which has stolen the accound data.

I am
very careful of my passwords so I'm shocked to see this happen.  Any
passwords stored in my files are stored outside of the web-accessible
tree so I am puzzled.

Any advice appreciated.

As others have already pointed out: check your server logs for
suspicious requests.

--
Christoph M. Becker

no