Re: Writing a file from a Sub-Domain form to Upper Domain

On Aug 20, 2014, at 10:24 AM, Stuart Dallas wrote:

> On 20 August 2014 18:13, Don Wieland <donw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Morning folks,
>
> I have a form/processing page in which I am trying to allow users to UPLOAD an image:
>
> http://admin.wrightcheck.com/admin/resources/php/upload_image.php
>
> and I want to use the "move_uploaded_file()" function to a folder in the upper main domain:
>
> http://www.wrightcheck.com/media/images/thefilename.jpg
>
> So far all combination are not working. What is the best way to handle paths with such a routine? Not sure if there is something in my .httpaccess config that is not allowing this.
>
> Are you literally trying to move the file to "http://www.wrightcheck.com/media/images/thefilename.jpg";? If so, that's your problem. You need to work on the local filesystem only.
>
> If you already are then the problem could be related to safe mode or an open_basedir setting, which would likely restrict you to working within the subdomain's root directory.

Sorry - I just used the links to show the paths. I guess the absolute local  paths are:

wrightcheck/admin/resources/php/upload_image.php (which admin is a sub-domain)

and I want to use the "move_uploaded_file()" function to a folder in the upper main domain:

wrightcheck/media/images/thefilename.jpg (which is the main domain)

Don Wieland
D W   D a t a   C o n c e p t s
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
donw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.dwdataconcepts.com
Direct Line - (949) 336-4828
SKYPE - skypename = dwdata

Integrated data solutions to fit your business needs.

Need assistance in dialing in your FileMaker solution? Check out our Developer Support Plan at:
http://www.dwdataconcepts.com/DevSup.php

Appointment 1.0v9 - Powerful Appointment Scheduling for FileMaker Pro 9 or higher
http://www.appointment10.com

For a quick overview -
http://www.appointment10.com/Appt10_Promo/Overview.html