Re: Re: close the browser

On 06/24/2014 01:13 PM, Shawn McKenzie wrote:
DELETE FROM `php-general` WHERE `from` = 'hadi' OR `from` = 'almarzuki2011@
hotmail.com'

lol, tell us how you really feel!

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Jim Giner <jim.giner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 6/24/2014 2:53 PM, Tim Streater wrote:

On 24 Jun 2014 at 17:43, Stuart Dallas <stuart@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

  I'm yet to hear of a legitimate reason to want some PHP to execute when
a user closes the browser, so chances are there's a better way to achieve
what he actually wants.

I use that in my app. If the user has been typing into an editing window,
and

then closes the browser window, they will expect that what they typed will
show
up again when they restart the app. I use the onbeforeunload event in the
browser to handle this, along with a (rare) synchronous
ajax request to run a PHP termination script.

--
Cheers  --  Tim

  Really - you expect something that was being typed just before closing
to be (magically?) present when you re-open the browser to that page?

I would never expect something like to occur in any kind of computer
application that (most likely) has procedures to be followed to properly
use that page and save that data before closing it.  Failure to follow the
rules and an abrupt closure of the page/browser should not retain whatever
I was doing and I can't fault it.

Granted - you are doing this for you appls. but the mere fact that you
have done so surprises me.  I would never think to provide that service on
my appls.

Jim Lucas

http://www.cmsws.com/
http://www.cmsws.com/examples/