Living with bootstrap ...

In the past life was easy and one could hand modify a .css to change the
style of a website, then css3/html5 came along and where as we used
small .css files in the past, something 20 times the size seems to be
essential these days?

I had ported the theme management over to 'ink', but with customers
looking at these 'nice animated sites' created by bootstrap and slightly
better way version 3 works, I'm now running a setup with almost stock
bootstrap, except for the icon set which I'm still using 'proper colour
icons' for :)

There are a number of on-line services to allow customizing the base css
and most seem to work well enough but they are a closed book when it
comes to modifications such as tweaking the icon handling. A few do have
code posted on github, but none of the ones I've tried so far will work
without being able to 'phone home' and
 I can't run a clean local build. So has anybody found a php friendly
bootstrap css editor or am I going to have to massage something from the
parts I do currently have?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL