Re: Web site integration of ical calendar format with php

On 19 May 2014 11:31:41 BST, "ioannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ioannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Can someone suggest a good starting point for integrating ical
>calendars
>into a web site with php?  The sources I found are either short of
>detail or much too detailed.
>
>John

First, please don't hijack a thread, create a new email, as many email clients group by thread not subject line.

The iCal format is actually just plain text, you can find some simple examples on Wikipedia. A few things to bear in mind, get the dates right including any timezone offsets and dst offsets. Also, it helps if you set the headers right in php so that the browser correctly sees it as an iCal doc and not a text file, and you might want to set the content-disposition header to force it to download on some unruly browsers.

Thanks,
Ash