Re: Re: multiple sessions for the same user

"Larry Martell" wrote in message news:CACwCsY4bnYfeaci4fW0KOBqSP9qv_LvPBigjg-qBz7uMPjv0wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx...

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Tony Marston <TonyMarston@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Larry Martell"  wrote in message

I have a php app that uses a session to share data across requests
(using session_start())

I have a situation where a user wants to open 2 invocations of the app
in 2 browser tabs and look at different things, but because of the
session, both tabs have the same data. Is there a way to have a
separate session for each tab they open?

Yes, this is possible because I have implemented this feature in my
framework. It allows any user to have any number of independent sessions in
any browser. My solution is documented in
www dot tonymarston.net/php-mysql/client-clones.html

Tony- wanted to let you know that after I implemented this I found I
didn't even need the "new session" link:

session</a>

Because the code expects to get the session name from the URL, since
the main page doesn't supply that, I automagically get a new session
every time I bring up a new instance from the main page.

I only use the 'new session' link if I have cloned the current web page into another browser window as the cloned window starts off with the same settings as the original window, and therefore the same session. By pressing the 'new session' link in either one of the two browser windows I force that window to use a separate session.

--
Tony Marston

http://www.tonymarston.net
http://www.radicore.org