Re: Conexão adodb com SQL Server

On 4/1/2014 12:10 PM, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Jim Lucas <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/01/2014 05:07 AM, Edson David wrote:

Guys, I'm trying to make the connection to the SQL Server database using
adodb, but when I run the lines below, the page is blank, not returning any
rows. The problem from what I dectetei, is when the connection attempt is
made with the server and the table data.
Thank you in advance.

<?php
// Include the library

As the other Jim said, enable error reporting and display_errors and you
might get something.  Be warned, if it a parse error that is causing this
issue, you will need to enable the above two settings in your php.ini file
instead of placing those options in your script.

What I do sometimes when doing the above it too much hassle is to remove the
all but the first line, then add back each line.  Always keep an echo
'!done!'; at the end to make sure that the script is finishing.  My guess is

       I myself am not a great php programmer, so I try to use the "or
die()" thingie (kinda like try/except in python?) so I know a given
statement worked or went boink. For instance, if it did not connect to
the database, why continue?

going to be that it is something in your include'd file or the
adonewconnection() function call.

include('adodb/adodb.inc.php');
$conn = &ADONewConnection('mssql');
$conn->Connect('192.168.1.2:1433','','','siscom'); // Connection to the
database
$sql = "SELECT * FROM agenda"; // Select the table columns calendar
$consulta = $conn->Execute($sql);
// Displaying Data
echo("<table width='250' border='1'>

while(!$query->EOF) {
      echo("<tr>
      $query->MoveNext();
}

// Number of table records
$tot_register = $consulta->RecordCount();
echo("<tr><td colspan='2'> Total record (s): " . $tot_register .
echo("</table>");

--
Jim Lucas

http://www.cmsws.com/
http://www.cmsws.com/examples/

Yes - but even that can fail you if a syntax error occurs prior to it and causes the script to stop or never even begin. The kind of coding you mention is a necessary and proper thing but during development one should always have error checking turned on to catch those nasty little glitches that occur constantly.