AV scanning for file uploads

Hi,

I am interested what solutions do you guys are using for AV scanning of uploaded files (uploaded through PHP).

For start I am analyzing Clamav options. Target OS is Linux / Debian. PHP version for the app is 5.4/5.5.

1. I made some tests for an app and it seems using php-clamav extension (http://php-clamav.sourceforge.net/) is a no go because of out of limit RAM/CPU usage and overall scan time.

2. Another solution is to use on-demand clamdscan which works much better as it uses clamd. However, it could be some issues I didnt tested yet: * if at same time with scanning there is a http request for that file what is happening * if at same time with scanning by PHP there is a move operation on that file I am not sure what is happening

3. I am reviewing as well on-access Clamuko. This is supposed to work properly within an uploads folder (where could be files moving in and out) ?

Cristian