Re: Notice

Well, i'm not totally sure that you can't catch a notice on php, but
even if possible, it wouldn't be a good choice from my point of view..

A good approach would be test if the $data array really has the $loci
position set before trying to use it..
something like:
if ( isset($data[$ids][$loci]) ) {
    $alelleY = $data[$ids][$loci]['alelleY'];
    $alelleX = $data[$ids][$loci]['alelleX'];
}
And then you could choose your best approach to deal with this..
You could raise and exception in an else statement, or you could just
set the $alelleY and X variables with something like 'Not found'

Altough it's possible to mix javascript with php, I can't imagine why
would you show the errors with javascript... unless of course, if
you're using ajax for this..