Re: UTF-8, MySQL (MariaDB) and the head-shaped dent in my desk

[Ah gmail...just sending this again so the list gets it...]

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 3:38 AM, Camilo Sperberg <unreal4u@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are you sure the source files itself are saved in UTF-8?

I wget'd the file directly from adminer.org. There was no editing and
re-saving. Adminer is just one php file.

> Also check that set_names (in PHP) is not overriding character_set_client
> and that you don't have a meta tag that overrides the header tags.

Set names and character_set_client are both utf-8. The meta tag sent by
adminer is utf-8 and our nginx server sends a utf-8 header. Firefox reports
that the page sent by adminer is utf-8 encoded.

> Just a silly question: you did remember to restart the db and nginx after
> making the changes in your confs right?

A million times. :-)