Problem with self processing xhtml/php

Hello;

I have scripted a self processing form that uses object oriented code in PHP Version 5.3.15
running on Apache 2x on Mac OSX 10.6x.

The script in the page instantiates an object that handles are the post requests for various
form elements in the same page.

In this situation I am having trouble with markup strings being duplicated rather that replaced. I have had this working in a former version that did not use as much OO code.

The problem has appeared with the use of concatenation operator; .= that obviously seemed to create two copies of the string that was supposed to be added instead of
one.

I revised the script to eliminate the need for accumulating string content in a single
variable.

Having been through the mill with finding and debugging logic and syntax problems
I think I can safely say I haven't missed something.

Has anyone encountered problems with use of concatenation in a OOP code context
that uses static method calls?

There is another possible factor that I am not ruling out:

I encountered instruction in a published text, early on in my adventures with php, that stated that a browser that had a self processing page loaded, may automatically
use ajax asycronus requests.

This would explain why the duplicate code; the original is not replaced because the page
does not actually reload completely.

I have not been subscribed to this list for quite a while. But this seems to be something
that would be worthy of attention here.

Thanks to anyone for time, attention and suggestion
JK