Re: Problem with variables

Fernando A <soporteallpurpose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am working with php and codeigniter, but I have not yet experienced.
> I need create a variable that is available throughout  system.
> This variable contains the number of company and can change.
> as I can handle this?

Hi, Fernando, welcome. I'm just a little unsure what you mean by "number
of company" -- is this a count, as in 10 companies, or is it a phone
number, or is it something else?

Jim's reply is workable -- storing session values is quite useful, but
sessions are tied to a specific browser client/ip, and I'm not sure
that's what you want/need here.

If you are looking for setting a global variable that will be available
everywhere in your application, you can use $GLOBALS, or set it from the
very top level context of the application. Given you're using
CodeIgniter, which sadly I am not versed in, you may need to set it with
$GLOBALS:

$GLOBALS['my_var'] = 10; // whatever you need to do here

When you say it changes, how and when exactly does it change?