Re: LightBox click detection

Tedd Sperling <tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's Friday so I am allowed to ask odd questions.

W00T! Friday!

> Here's the problem --  I need to count the number of times a user activates a LightBox -- how do you do that?
>
> Here's a LightBox Example:
>
>    http://www.webbytedd.com/c2/lightbox/
>
> All the javascript is there (jQuery et al).
>
> Ideally, I would like to have a php/javascript combination that would:
>
> 1. Detect when a user clicked the LightBox;
> 2. Pass that value to PHP so I can keep count.
>
> Any ideas?

First off, do you have the javascript code available in an unsquished
form? That would mean I could read it.

Not knowing whether your JS code or Lightbox has any hooks that you can
take advantage of, I'd steal the onclick event from those images that
start lightbox, fire off an AJAX request and ignore the return, then
fire the lightbox event handler.