Re: How to enable cURL php extension on Debian Wheezy?

Tamara Temple <tamouse.lists@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have installed following packages related to this issue:
>> curl, libcurl3, libcurl3-gnutls, php5-curl.
>
> All good.
>
>> I have in
>> /etc/php5/mods-available/curl.ini
>> ; configuration for php CURL module
>> ; priority=20
>> extension=curl.so
>
> Have you enabled the extension as well? That looks like the standard
> set-up, which means that curl.ini is available, but you still have to
> enable it. Check in /etc/php5/conf.d to see if there's a symlink in
> there, otherwise look through the various bits to see if it's included
> somewhere in one of the stock php.ini files.

Yes, it's enabled, because I have in
/etc/php5/conf.d/ directory the symbolic link
@20-curl.ini

that is pointing to
-> ../mods-available/curl.ini

> If you make changes here, ensure you restart your sever.

I already restarted apache2 after I made changes there.

Still get error message when want to proceed with Moodle installation:
must be installed and enabled

The cURL PHP extension is now required by Moodle, in order to
communicate with Moodle repositories.

and it is not OK, the Moodle installation procedure can't find the cURL
extension. Why?

--
Regards from Pal