Looking for a good working PDO and/or mysqli database class to get started with OOP

Hi all, Thanks for your help...

I'm looking for a very good, pre made, working PDO and/or mysqli database class (in a wrapper) - to get started with, that has all the basic needs like UPDATE - INSERT - DELETE - QUERY etc. That would be very helpful. I'm also trying to learn OOP, and creating my own class to start out is over my head, so one that is recommended here would be a good start.

There are many examples on the net - The problem is that commenters often have issues with the code, and as a beginner in this area - these issues are sometimes over my head and it would be best for me if someone could recommend a good working standard model to start.

Q: DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OPINIONS ON THE ONES BELOW?

- - - - - MySQLi

https://github.com/ajillion/PHP-MySQLi-Database-Class

http://www.phpclasses.org/package/2359-PHP-MySQL-database-wrapper-using-MySQLi-extension.html

http://snipplr.com/view/22992/

Jeffrey Way...
http://forrst.com/posts/Mysqli_Database_Class-hxb

http://www.dotred.be/blog/database-classes-for-mysql-mysqli-and-mssql/

- - - - - PDO

Jeffrey Way - some issues here in comments
http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/php/php-database-access-are-you-doing-it-correctly/

http://www.phpclasses.org/package/7533-PHP-Access-SQL-databases-using-PDO.html

http://www.doctrine-project.org/projects/dbal.html

http://pear.php.net/package/MDB2