include() Error

Good morning all:

I have recently purchased a computer and am using it as a dedicated server.  A friend helped me install PHP and configure.  I am saying this because I wonder if using a newer version of PHP (compared to my commercial web host) may be the reasoning behind the error I am receiving.

I created a function to generate a form submission key.
- This created hidden variable for forms
- This is also session variable

With this function I have an ‘ include ‘ for the file containing the mySQL database, username and password.  I know this file is being accessed because I added:

===
echo $mySQL_user;
===

following the login credentials.

But when I remove this line from mySQL_user_login.inc.php and place within the function on the line following the include the "echo” returns nothing.

===
include("mySQL_user_login.inc.php");

echo $mySQL_user;
===

Can any of you tell me why this is happening?

Ron Piggott

www.TheVerseOfTheDay.info