Re: pass parameter via URL

On 5/20/2013 10:06 AM, iccsi wrote:
Thanks a million for helping,
I just need to have a JS function to return a string var which contains
my variable from sending page and call the function onClick on the button.
Please let me know if I am wrong,
Thanks again for helping,

Regards,

Iccsi,

"Jim Giner"  wrote in message news:40.54.04612.03B2A915@xxxxxxxxxxxx...

On 5/20/2013 9:17 AM, iccsi wrote:
I would like to know how can I pass a parameter via URL using control
value on the form.
something like myPage.php?MyID=txtMyID.value
I can use myPage.php?MyID=1, but cannot use
myPage.php?MyID=txtMyID.value.

Your help and information is great appreciated,

Regards,

Iccsi
Yes - this is a JS question.  But - the answer is:

var url="myPage.php?MyID="+txtMyId.value;

Now the variable 'url' contains your url

Then put my sample statement in the function that your onclick= is calling. Although - I don't know what you mean by 'sending page'. This all has to be done in the same page. Or if you want the 'value' to be sent to the 'myPage.php' script, you could just make 'txtMyID' a hidden input field and use a POST action instead of a GET.