Re: generate onfly PDF

On 5/4/2013 6:31 PM, Rafnews wrote:
On 04.05.2013 23:05, Tedd Sperling wrote:
On May 4, 2013, at 5:00 PM, Ashley Sheridan <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Rafnews <raf.news@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there a solution to generate onfly PDF from HTML page, and from data
user typed in form (let's say like a template) without using PECL ?
i read that is hosting does not allow such extension, we can not
generate PDF, so i would rather get a solution without such library.

Moreover i'm searching a solution free and that i can supply with my
web
components.
I created a component that should be able to generate PDF files quite
often as service for user.
Have a look at fpdf, its a class that doesn't need any special
server-side support. Its basic, but is pretty good.

Thanks,
Ash
Ash is right, here's an example I provide my students:

http://rebel.lcc.edu/sperlt/citw185/examples/pdf/

Everything is there.

Cheers,

tedd

tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx
http://sperling.com

AFAIK fpdf needs zlib and gd extensions.
gd extension is almost everywhere enabled as extension, however i'm not
sur zlib is enabled on most of servers...

What do you think about that ?

Al.
Well?  Check your hoster - do they provide it or not?