RE: Need a tool to minimize HTML before storing in memecache

While that may be true for most users, I see no reason that it should limit or force me to a certain use case given that dynamic pages make up the vast majority of web pages served.

Secondly, there are 8 billion options in Tidy to configure it, I would be astonished if they were so short-sighted to not have one to disable converting < and > to &lt; and &gt; as they do for all sorts of other things like quotes, ampersands, etc. I just don't know which flag this falls under or what combination of flags I'm setting that is causing this to happen.

Barring that little snag, it works like a champ.