Re: PHP compiler - HipHop performance

> Norah Jones <nh.jones01@xxxxxxxxx> hat am 26. April 2013 um 05:56 geschrieben:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded HipHop for my website, I am going through various web links
> which are suggesting that performance will improve 3-6 times. However I don't
> know the Stability of the HipHop.
>
> Please provide your inputs so that I can decide to use HipHop.

When I tried it I was amazed by the performance impact.

Just create yourself a PHP file that does 100.000 calculations and compare the
php execution vs. the native compiled one. That is awesome!

The drawback is, that hiphop does not support every php extension and that it
really takes some time to compile a really big framework.
If you have some code that you want to speed up and it can seperated from the
rest, then create a smaller module out of it and compile that.

Or think about creating own PECL extensions.

> Thanks,
> Norah Jones
>

> --

Marco Behnke
Dipl. Informatiker (FH), SAE Audio Engineer Diploma
Zend Certified Engineer PHP 5.3

Tel.: 0174 / 9722336
e-Mail: marco@xxxxxxxxxx

Softwaretechnik Behnke