Re: Set process custom identifier

On 2 Apr 2013, at 14:50, Sorin Badea <sorin.badea91@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't want to wait for it and surely I don't want to safe that pid in
> same place. I just want to use `ps` with a pattern to return my forked
> process.

Storing the PID of a process you need to monitor is the established method, and is certainly the most reliable. Why can't you use the PID as the pattern to look for? If there's a reason then please explain it as that will help us assist you. If there's no reason then I don't understand why you're trying to over-complicate it.

If you're just wanting to monitor it from the process that forked it then you don't need to store the PID anywhere other than a variable, and you don't need to wait for it.

If you absolutely must do this then the only way is via an extension such as proctitle: http://php.net/setproctitle

-Stuart

--
Stuart Dallas