rather a HTML Q; however 2-FRAME

I have a need to make a pure "display" in a (HTML tagged area defined by) FRAME
now so far I have only succeeded in making output into a frame by landing
a clicked tag to open the new doc (href or src) in a specified frame.
Possibly its not solvable with framework of frames.

( I know, FRAMEs are a dying breed, depressed by HTML society, sorry "deprecated"
  possibly my issue is fixable by style-sheets but I havnt gotten that far yet, too complex )

tnx for any input
georg