Re: Generating CRUD code for normalized db

On Fri, 2013-03-08 at 15:02 +0100, Ali Reza Sajedi wrote:

> Try Symfony 2
>
> > Does anyone know of any framework that can generate CRUD code for
> > normalized database tables? Preferably FOSS.

I believe Cake has this, although you need to have your fields named in
a certain way so that it understands the relationships, not sure if it
automatically recognises foreign keys as it was developed back when
MyISAM was the typical storage engine for MySQL, and that didn't have
foreign keys.

I think there are also CMS-like plugins for other slimmer frameworks
like CodeIgniter which have this functionality, but again, I would
assume previous rules apply with regards to your field naming
convention.

In any case, you could probably take something you like from another
framework if you have the time/inclination/capability.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk