Re: PHP 5.4 Help

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Great Recordings, LLC
<music@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I need help from someone knowledgeable about PHP and I hope I am seeking it in the right place.  I beg your forgiveness if this is not the right place.
>
> I purchased a software (1-2-3 Music) a few years ago and have used parts of it on my website so people can buy and download MP3 songs. I have tried to contact the company I purchased the program from but they seem to be out of business.  Have also tried contacting the main developer but am not able to make contact…my emails to him are rejected by his mail box).
>
> Beginning on April 1, 2013 my Web Hosting company will no longer support PHP programs less than Version 5.4...Register_Globals will be turned off.  I have tested my software with the new upcoming restrictions and find none of my song downloads will function with the PHP 5.4 version.
>
> Will someone tell me if the small module included on the bottom of this note will function properly under PHP 5.4? (Register_Globals turned off).  If it does not function properly with Register_Globals turned off, is there a way to make changes  to the module so it does function properly with Register-Globals turned off?
>
> Thank you very much
> Floyd J. Badeaux
> Module:
> <?php
> define ("DOCMA_HOME", "/homepages/37/d48651986/htdocs/htdocs/1-2-3-music-store/docma_08306s");
> ini_set("display_errors", "0");
> require_once (DOCMA_HOME."/system/prepend.inc");
>
> define ("DOCUMENT_ROOT", preg_replace("/(\\\\)+/", "/", realpath(".")));
> session_start();
>
> $processName = $_REQUEST["pname"];
> $process =& process_get_process($processName);
> $process->execute();
>
> ?>

Suggestion: change this line:

> ini_set("display_errors", "0");

to this:

error_reporting(-1);
ini_set('display_errors', true);
ini_set('display_startup_errors', true);

as a start to see what the failures actually are. If there are syntax
errors in the PHP, they will still not be shown, you should vet the
source by running it through php -l (lint) to ensure no syntax errors.