Re: PHP 5.4 Help

Il Wed, 06 Mar 2013 08:41:43 -0800, Great Recordings, LLC ha scritto:

> Will someone tell me if the small module included on the bottom of this
> note will function properly under PHP 5.4? (Register_Globals turned
> off).  If it does not function properly with Register_Globals turned
> off, is there a way to make changes  to the module so it does function
> properly with Register-Globals turned off?

It is impossible to answer without knowing what is in prepend.inc (and in
all the files included o required by it.
It is also impossible to know what is in the process identified by
$processName (it is an external executable).

Per se, this small script doesn't need register_globals, but it calls
external resources that could require it.

Your best bet is to find a relly good developer who can try to adapt the
software to PHP 5.4.

IF the software is open source (or at least you have the sources).

I suppose he will not be able to do it in less than 20 days, so you
should find a new hosting company that will allow you to keep
register_globals on until the conversion (or the complete rewrite) is
finished.

Bye.