Re: Introduction ... !

On 3/1/2013 12:43 PM, Daniel Brown wrote:
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Nick Whiting <prggmr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello PHP'ers!

Just thought I would introduce myself to the mailing list since I've worked
with PHP for almost 10 years now and yet haven't really been community
active ...

I've developed quite a few open-source projects over the years that I hope
someone here will find as useful as I have ... they are all hosted on
Github @prggmr.

XPSPL - Signal Processor in PHP
docpx - PHP Documentation Generator for Sphinx

Again Hello Everyone!

     Welcome to the list, Nick.  Looking forward to having you involved
in the discussions we have go on here.  The list isn't nearly as
active as it was about five years ago, but that's likely to change.

What gives you such optimism? I recently saw a list of languages in use and PHP has dropped quite a bit over the last 5 or more years. Being a relative newbie myself, I'm happy that PHP exists and is so readily available to us hobbyists, etc. Certainly am in favor of your optimism, but curious (hey it's Friday!) about your prediction.