Re: Complex MySQL query for lowest price

Also check the possibilities of CASE in sql

Stephen <stephen-d@xxxxxxxxxx> hat am 31. Januar 2013 um 20:50 geschrieben:
> While complex, this is standard SQL. But this is a PHP list :(
>
> The way to construct the statement is to use a nested select. Something
> like this
>
> SELECT blah with variable blah WHERE ( SELECT value within dates and
> assign to variable)
>
> To go further I would need to play, and I don't have the database.
>
> I suggest you visit the great web site sitepoint.com. There are great
> SQL people to help you there.
>
> Stephen
>
> On 13-01-31 02:21 PM, Angela Barone wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >       I have a formula that says, if 'specialprice' is not empty and it is
> > lower than 'unitprice', use 'specialprice', otherwise use 'unitprice':
> >
> > <?php $result = mysql_query("SELECT
> > LEAST(unitprice,ifnull(specialprice,'9999')) AS used_price FROM catalog
> > WHERE itemid='WB1836C'",$db);
> > number_format(mysql_result($result,0,"used_price"),2)); ?>
> >
> >       What I'd like is to add a starting and ending date and if today's date
> > is between those dates, then do the above formula, otherwise if today's date
> > is not between those dates, then just use 'unitprice'.
> >
> >       This is starting to get too complex for me, so I need some help. ;)
> >  Hopefully this makes sense.  If I need to be clearer, please let me know.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Angela
>

> --

Marco Behnke
Dipl. Informatiker (FH), SAE Audio Engineer Diploma
Zend Certified Engineer PHP 5.3

Tel.: 0174 / 9722336
e-Mail: marco@xxxxxxxxxx

Softwaretechnik Behnke