Re: Can't connect to MySQL via PHP

On 1/12/2013 1:28 PM, Rick Dwyer wrote:

On Jan 12, 2013, at 3:56 PM, "admin" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Dwyer [mailto:rpdwyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2013 8:26 AM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Can't connect to MySQL via PHP

Hello all.

I used the code below successfully to connect to a MySQL db on one
hosting provider.  I've moved the code to a new hosting provider with
new values and it returns:

Access denied for user 'user'@'db.hostprovider.net' (using password:
YES)

Even though I can copy and paste these three values (host, user and
pass) and paste into Navicat to make a connection.  So the credentials
are correct, but they are not authenticating when used in PHP.  I've
tried making host "localhost" and "127.0.0.1". both with the same
result.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here?

Appreciate it.

Thanks,
--Rick

$db_name = "mydb";
$vc_host    = "db.hostprovider.net";
$vc_user    = "user";
$vc_pass    = "pass";

$connection = @mysql_connect($vc_host, $vc_user, $vc_pass); $db =
mysql_select_db($db_name, $connection);

echo mysql_error();

Try this for me

$db = mysql_connect($vc_host, $vc_user, $vc_pass);
mysql_select_db($db_name, $db);

if (!$db) {
   die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
}
echo 'Connected successfully';
mysql_close($db);

Could not connect: Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Using mysqli_ returns the same error message as well.

--Rick

  --Rick

Isn't that just telling you that the uid is not defined for the proper access to any mysql db? It's been awhile since I set my accesses up so I can't remember. I have one user that I use to do all my connections with. That user is declared for each db with full access.