Re: Lucene library

Yes, I've worked with Apache Solr quite a bit. It's a separate server, however, and I'm looking for something with smaller requirements for a concept I want to try. I'd consider SQLite, but I really need something schema-free and PHP-native/easily-installable.

--Larry Garfield

On 12/11/2012 07:20 PM, israelekpo@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Check out apache solr.

The php implementation of Lucene was very slow and had a lot of perfomance issues the last time I tried it
------Original Message------
From: Larry Garfield
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Lucene library
Sent: Dec 11, 2012 5:41 PM

Hi all.

I recall hearing about there being a PHP port of the Lucene library some
years ago, but I don't recall whence it came.  It was a stand-alone PHP
lib, which needed some integration to be viable as an actual search
engine but worked up to a point by storing data straight on disk as
files.  That meant it didn't scale beyond a few tens of thousands of
records, but that's still a decent number.

Does that ring a bell for anyone?  Anyone know if it still exists, and
if so where?  I didn't find it in https://packagist.org/ , which is
where I figured it would be if it were still maintained.

I may have a use for it if it still exists.

--Larry Garfield