Re: Re: PDO question

On 11/28/2012 4:22 PM, admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On November 28, 2012 at 4:11 PM Jim Giner <jim.giner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On 11/28/2012 3:58 PM, admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Guys,
I am not quiet sure what is happening but every time i try to connect to a
remote host it refers back to localhost.

$pdo = new PDO('mysql:host=171.16.23.44;dbname=test', 'user','password');

ERROR: Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in
/var/www/html/text.php

Any clue as to WHY it keeps referring back to localhost when i clearly set
the
host parameter to another server.
I checked the /etc/hosts records to see if there was a referral for that
domain
back to it's self there is NOT.

Just a WAG from a guy who's never tried to do this.

Could the localhost in question actually be the server you are failing
to connect to, and not your client machine? You are sure about your
uid/pswd? dbname?

In reading your question again, I get what you are saying. Let me explain.

It is not actually saying 'localhost' it is saying 'server1.mydomain.com' of the
server I am connecting from.
not the server2.mydomain.com.

I have ensured the path is correct, PING, NSLOOKUP from the server trying to
make the connection.
It changes the domain

would have been nice if you had specified the message exactly the first time.