Re: Multithreading for OOP PHP

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Florian Müller
<florian-mueller@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I actually tought about just the same structures as Java uses(something in this way:
> Thread t = new Thread(new Runnable() {    public void run() {        ...blabla   }}
> I thought this would actually be a good benefit if PHP supported this. It's just as we sometimes use PHP for doing some big Server works (e.g. database copying or something) and it would be nice to controll by yourself which Thread (or process) does which part of the job.
> For normal HTTP calls which must be handled within milliseconds, this actually does not make sense, that's right ;)

Hi,

Have you seen the pcntl[1] and pthreads[2] extensions?

pcntl extension provides a pcntl_fork function, which is also some
kind of threading. Pthreads is almost like it's Java equivalent.

- Matijn

[1] http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.pcntl.php
[2] http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.pthreads.php

Ps. Please don't top post on this mailing list.