Re: cron job problem

On Tue, 2012-10-23 at 17:12 -0400, Jim Giner wrote:

> On 10/23/2012 5:19 PM, Ashley Sheridan wrote:

> > > Yes - same msg same time
> > >

> > Are they definitely only in the cron list once? Could someone have
> > tried to "help" by adding the job into the daily.cron, but forgotten
> > to remove it from the regular crontab?
> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Ash
> > http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk
> >

> daily.cron?  regular crontab?  Don't know of what you speak.
>
> This is my only cron-initiated task.  My provider gives me a screen to
> enter the command and the desired time to run it and it's been that
> way for months.  I have had no need to change it so I'm surprised this
> is happening.

Crontab is the daemon which runs cron jobs, and some distros have set up
special files called cron.daily (or daily.cron I don't recall),
cron.hourly, etc to make it easier to schedule jobs.

As you're entering this through a control panel (presumably a web-based
one?) I would guess that's not the problem. It could be that the
hostings control panel software has had a hiccup?