Re: Free LAPP stack

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 8:15 PM, Robert Stone <floriparob@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There are several sites offering free LAMP stacks but does anybody know of a site that has free LAPP stacks available?

If you already have a LAMP stack, adding Postgresql is really only a
matter of installing it.

If you're starting from scratch (bare metal kind of thing), you can
get a pretty minimal footprint LAPP stack from Turnkey Linux:
http://www.turnkeylinux.org/lapp

Similarly, BitNami has a LAPP stack: http://bitnami.org/stack/lappstack

> Please don't flame me for preferring PostgreSql.

There are several people of good repute that will castigate one for
using MySQL, so no flames here.

> It's to set-up a thin client application. Disk space required approx. 1.5Mb. I need it to facilitate testing. Any suggestions welcome.

Is that how much space is available on the client total? Or how much
is needed for the data base? or? If you are looking to embed a small,
low-volume web server+database+php, you could look at using
lighttpd+fastcgi+php+sqlite3.

... and let the flames commence!