Re: Re: limiting

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:06 AM, Tim Streater <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 09 Oct 2012 at 20:46, Matijn Woudt <tijnema@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> For example your previous post, you
>> could have just looked up what the 'echo' and 'return' statements do
>> in the PHP manual, and they are probably explained pretty OK in those
>> books you own too. You probably could have answered the questions you
>> posted here yourself, after reading PHP manual carefully.
>
> Here, the phrase "PHP manual" means:
>
>   http://www.php.net/manual/en/
>
> which I consider to be an excellent written resource for the language. In fact, I own no PHP books at all (whereas I do for JavaScript/HTML/CSS/SQLite) so that must say something about the quality of the on-line documentation. Further, it is written in a straightforward way, not trying to be clever (unlike some languages I could mention), so I can recommend it. It's available in languages other than English, too.
>
> --
> Cheers  --  Tim

Thanks Tim! Should have mentioned the URL indeed.
Don't forget that if you want to find the manual page for a function fast, try
http://www.php.net/<function name>
where <function name> is the name you're looking for, so for example
for return, you could use
http://www.php.net/return
And there ya go, PHP manual page for return!

- Matijn